How do I publish or create my website?
While this question has so many aspects to cover, we will try to break it down to a few simple options which you can go through.
I already have a website on my PC, how do I upload it so that it can be accessed from http://www.mydomain.com?
- We highly recommend that you upload your files using an FTP client. It would be the fastest and easiest way to upload the files which you already have available on your computer. You can get a free FTP client program from FileZilla which can be downloaded from http://filezilla-project.org/
- Whether you upload your files using FileZilla, other FTP software, or any other site publishing system such as Macromedia or Adobe Dreamweaver which uses FTP as the file transfer protocol, you would need to know these basics:
- When connecting, use the IP Address you see in your New Account Information email as the host
- Use the supplied username and password within your New Account Information email as the username and password
- The last thing is very important: always publish or upload your files INTO /public_html folder or /www folder. They are both the same thing. Make sure you DO NOT upload the files into your root folder or / because in order for your website to be accessible through http://www.yourdomain.com, the files must reside within the public_html folder.
More on publishing your website with FTP at the bottom of this page.
I don't have any website yet. I am just about to create one. How do I start?
This is actually not an easy question to answer since there are SO MANY options you can choose. It all depends on what kind of website you are trying to create. We do offer many automatic site creation/building systems available for you to choose from such as Softaculous however, the question is which method is the right one for you?
Below we will try to explain briefly the tools we have provided and what kind of website would be suitable to be created by that tool.
Website Tool: Site.Pro (aka Website Builder)
This is a simple website builder but can be very useful and powerful for those looking to get up and running quickly. NOTE: Site.Pro is only available on our international hosting packages.
To access the Site.Pro you can follow these steps:
- Login to your control panel (cPanel)
- Under Software sectiom, click on Website Builder
- Follow the on screen guides
- If you have any questions, please submit a support ticket and we will do our best to assist you.
Website Tool: Soholaunch
This is a slightly more complex web site creation system. The Pro version will only be available for 15 days. Afterwards the system will convert into the basic version.
How to use:
- Login to your control panel (cPanel)
- Under Software/Services click Softaculous
- On the left navigation menu of available software select Others -> Soholaunch
- Follow the on screen installation
- Access the admin menu there and you can begin creating your website
- If you encounter any permission errors during installation, please submit a support ticket and we will fix the permission problem for you
The other simple website creation tool that we provide is the Site.Pro builder. More information on Site.Pro can be found here: https://www.bluesteam.net/features/website-builder
Website Tool: Softaculous
This is a platform that allows you to install many different website bulding platforms.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We only provide installation facilities of these software platforms. If you need guides on how to manage and maintain your site using these available software products, you must contact each respective software provider and not our support. We do not provide support for each product.
The most popular and widely used (but not limited to) are the following:
- WordPress for Blogs
- Drupal and Joomla for Portal and CMS websites
- phpBB for discussion boards
- osCommerce for online store or e-commerce site
- Gallery for photo galleries
- TikiWiki for wiki or encyclopedia sites
- PHPlist for mailing lists
More Software platforms
More software platform facilities are available under the Softwaremenu on your control panel. More information on these other platforms can be found here: http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/CpanelDocs/CpanelSoftware
- 1 Users Found This Useful
What is Web Hosting? It is a very important part of the way the Internet works today. To most...
What is the control panel? The control panel is a vital part of any web hosting account....
Web Servers are powerful computers that have extremely large hard drives, or an array of hard...
This tutorial will look at some of the things you should look at when you are trying to choose...
This tutorial will look at what the concept of Domain Names, and how they work. Every website on...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution